Sausage and Marmite Pasta (Feeds a Family of 5)
This is a really quick and easy family meal. This Sausage and Marmite Pasta dish is something that you can throw together really quickly whilst juggling emails, phone calls and helping your kids with their homework. The recipe can be adapted to suit you by adding or removing ingredients.
What you have to remember is that I am a really busy Mum and sometimes with the best will in the world, time does gets the better of me. Some days I head to the cupboard for inspiration and am faced with nothing.
I like recipes to hand that I can just grab and make without any stress involved and that will be eaten when delivered to the table.
(this is what I used – feel free to change the quantities and ingredients to suit your needs)
- Wholegrain Pasta (I used 1 bag, but you can use what you need for your family)
- Olive Oil
- Red Onion Finely Chopped (I used 1 but feel free to add more or less)
- Chorizo (I used 100g – you may like more or less or feel free to remove altogether)
- Good Quality Sausages (Apprx 6 chopped into small chunks)
- Worcestershire Sauce ( a couple of splashes)
- Marmite (2 large tablespoons)
Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan
Add your chopped onion, chopped chorizo, sausage chunks, worcestershire sauce and marmite and cook on a low to medium heat for appx 15 mins or until cooked.
Cook your pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
Drain the pasta
Add the ingredients into the drained pasta, mix well and serve.
A really quick and simple tea for your family.
Do let me know if you try this recipe and what you think. My boys all loved it, then again they love Marmite.